Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Bebriefing

 With the close of the Mueller investigation and the delivery of the Special Prosecuotor's report to the Attorney General, we here in Idyllwilid have been expecting the release of the Idyll-Beast from service as Grand Jury Witness Emotional Support Animals.  And sure enough, a phone call came, and I had a trip to the airport to make, a trip Idyllwilders will know is now substantially longer due to weather damage to our local highways. The flight was a Red-Eye and would arrive before dawn.

     My first impression upon seeing Idy was that he had gained weight. The life of a Grand Jury  Witness Emotional Support Animal is not as glamorous as it may sound. The Beast was housed in an outside-the-beltway Motel 6, and lived on deliveries of fast food and the snacks that the prosecutor's team keep in their brief cases. Only a thorough examination will reveal the truth of the rumor that he also ate a "target" of the investigation. He is still unable to comment on Grand Jury proceedings, and the Idyll-Beast is a monster of discretion. We at the Research Center will be raking through the evidence for any "individual number two."

     I waited a moment, expecting Heidi to join Idy. He looked at me quizzically. "Where's Heidi?" I asked. He shifted his eyes and began making the mumbling/growling sound an Idyll-Beast makes when he or she is feigning the inability to produce articulate speech. "Come on Idy, is she here or not? Is she OK?"
     Idy seemed at last to find the right words. "Heidi is... continuing robustly. She's fine.  Not here..." I was perplexed. "The Investigation is over, right? She can't still be working for the Grand Jury?  The report... the no more indictments thing..." Idy interrupted me. "If I told you, I'd have to eat you." He waited a beat and made a sort of furry chuckle.

      I knew that there are many things a Grand Jury Witness Emotional Support Animal can never discuss, at least while proceedings are "under seal." The Beast had no luggage. We continued on to the car. As he eased himself into the passenger seat I sensed a weariness I had not observed before. I asked him how things had gone. He looked at me and paused, weighing his words carefully. He leaned towards me confidentially. Of his time in our nation's capitol he would only say: "What a Zoo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

report blog violators